Today was a very "fun" day for our family. We have one of those wonderful doors that you can open from the inside (without having to unlock the door). I stepped outside to check the mail. Caleb and Ava soon followed, and our lovely Ava slammed the door shut, locking us outside and the twins inside.
My spare key was unavailable (long story), so I went running to 6 different neighbors (with bare feet) to use a phone to call Dave home. He left work ASAP, but that still left 20 minutes of the babies screaming their heads off at the door (loud enough that you could hear it on the street) and long enough for Caleb to tell every person that passed down the street "we're locked out of our house. That's our babies crying inside. They're locked inside, and it's ALL AVA'S FAULT!" (Gotta love kids!)
We were able to get the door open about 20 minutes later.
Needless to
say, the babies were hysterical. They wouldn't let me put them down. The only thing that finally stopped the crying, was bribing them with a push up (thank you Schwan's man!!) Poor girls!! Luckily ice cream seems to solve everything!!
Needless to
say, the babies were hysterical. They wouldn't let me put them down. The only thing that finally stopped the crying, was bribing them with a push up (thank you Schwan's man!!) Poor girls!! Luckily ice cream seems to solve everything!!
3 comments:
Those are the cutest sad pictures ever. :) I bet you were pretty panicked. 20 minutes of screaming kids (I don't even know what more than one is like!) is a long, long time.
How sad! I need to teach you how to break into your own house. It's a very useful skill to have!
There is never a dull moment at the Judd household! I thought that story was one to tell and so I told my mom about it and she laughed at the ice cream part! I love crying pictures, dont ask me why but I think they're so cute!
Post a Comment