

Today was Caleb's first day of Kindergarten. We had him choose what he wanted to wear the
night before so he could get ready quickly today. He got dressed and ready for school, and then we went outside to take a few (or about 50) pictures of his first day of school. It took a long time because he has the same habit that his dad has of making silly faces in all the pictures. I let him "be himself" in most of them, but I did make him tame it down for a few shots.After all of the pictures were done, I told Caleb to come inside and wait until it was time to actually go to school. Of course, for Caleb, this is no simple task. It was only about 2 minutes later that he came up to me with dirt covering his school
clothes. I couldn't clean it off, so we had to move to outfit #2, which also meant photo shoot #2 (I couldn't have pictures of his first day of school in clothes he really didn't wear on the first day of school!!)After this, I decided to take him inside and let him play with my camera (in hopes that he couldn't find any way to get dirty this time). We had a lot of fun taking pictures of each other before school. Ava got in on all of the fun as well. (She actually took the picture of Caleb and me).
We asked him if he was excited for school, and he said, "I'm so excited I could touch the sky!" (I guess that's pretty excited!!)We took him to school a little early to get a picture with his new teacher as well. He was so
excited for the whole day. He kept walking around the room looking at everything. I could just imagine his curious little brain trying to soak everything up (and figure out how to make a mess of everything in the room in under 5 minutes). We also got a picture with Caleb's best friend, Deigo, who also happened to be in his class this year. (The poor teacher doesn't know what she's in for because she sat them next to each other!!)Here are some pictures of Ava as well. She felt left out enough that she couldn't go to school, so I
made sure to take pictures of her day as well (Caleb took the picture of Ava and me). She had a harder time having Caleb leave than I did. It really
almost broke my heart as we walked out of the school and she cried, "I want to go to school with Caleb!" An ice cream cone and 2 pair of new shoes later, she was fine (I told you ice cream fixes everything!!) I don't know what I'll do when they are all in school! I sure do love my kids!!
2 comments:
cALEb LOOks so gROwN Up!! i LovE YouR bLOg yoU AlWAYs HAvE SoMeTHINg TO tALK AbouT.
Too cute that you took 2 different sets of pics for his different outfits! So glad that Caleb was excited to go to school as well. It is crazy how big and independent they get!
Ashlie
Post a Comment