Sunday, August 31, 2008

Dinos


To celebrate Dave's birthday (which is today), we decided to do something fun together (yesterday) as a family. Dave let the kids decide what to do, so we ended up at the dinosaur park/museum. Besides being really hot, it was actually a lot of fun! I am extremely grateful that Carla came along with us because all of the kids wanted to go in different directions!

We got to walk along the trails and see all of the different dinosaurs. They also have sounds playing throughout the park (like dinos fighting or crushing through trees). At first Ava seemed a little worried when she heard all the sounds (especially when the dinosaur behind her started making noises), but after assuring her that real dinosaurs weren't alive and couldn't get her, she enjoyed herself as well.

Caleb was really excited the whole time and kept pointing out, "there's a dinosaur. There's another dinosaur.etc" (It didn't help that the whole park was filled with them!!) I was really glad to find something that he enjoyed so much! They had a little sand pit that the kids got to go excavating in. They had little paint brushes that they could dust the sand off of fossils with. He really seemed to like this!(Of course he loves pretty much anything that has to do with dirt!)


The babies loved the little animals they had for the kids to feed. There were bunnies and ducks. Kate and Livi loved sitting in the gazebo watching the ducks. I really think they would have stayed there all day if we would let them!


Although I'm sure it wasn't where Dave really wanted to go for his birthday, he was a great sport. He kept the kids (and me) laughing the whole time. He is such a great husband and father!

We ended the day inside the park (where they have an actual museum.) The kids got to see sculptures of dinosaurs outside and then see their actual bones inside. They were amazed at all the huge bones and the beautiful crystals and rocks they had inside as well. They also have models of two dinosaurs that are mechanical and actually move around like their about to fight (they all really loved this!!)We all had such a great time! We'll have to do this again!!

6 comments:

DeMille Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope David has a great birthday! I'm so glad he has been so willing to share his day with me for so many years! Love ya!!

Melissa said...

Happy birthday Dave! We love you lots!

A. Schoonie said...

Looks like a fun place...is this the one in Ogden??
Love the pic of your twins picking over the fence...they are adorable!
Ashlie

Serena said...

Your kids are adorable! You have such a cute family. And you look very good for having 4 kids! Geesh! :)

JeNNy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE! Sorry its a little late! I need to get everyone's birthdays on my calender

Becky Seymour said...

cute family lisa! How do you do it?? Twins included??? I really look up to you! AMAZING! Fun to keep in touch!