Friday, August 22, 2008

The Princess & The Pee


Ok, Ava has been potty trained for quite awhile now (not THAT long, but I like this little picture of her!!). As of the past week, she keeps having "accidents" over and over throughout the day!! I say "accidents" because I could see this happening 1 or 2 times a day, but we're talking sometimes up to 6 times a day. I'm not sure what to do!! When Caleb decided to wear underwear, that was that. We had very few accidents. Ava, however, has been more of a challenge.

I have put Ava in a pull up (because she hates them) and told her that if she's not big enough to go potty on the toilet, then she's not big enough to wear panties (this only worked for about 1/2 a day). I then told her that she'd be put in a baby diaper next (since she actually liked the pictures on the pull ups). She cried, and said she'd go potty on the toilet, but she's still having "accidents"! I have moved her back into panties (since she didn't care about wearing diapers again), but I'm sick of washing so much underwear!! Any advice??

5 comments:

jaesi said...

I am NOT joking when I say that your kids are the CUTEST ever!

darling darling darling.

Serena said...

haha. I had the same issue with Ashton (except it was numero 2). What worked was straight up bribery. Have you tried that? We made a potty chart and everytime he completed a line on the chart, he was rewarded with ice cream or something like that. When the chart was all finished he was able to pick out a toy. That did it! And I agree with Jaesi, your kids are dang cute!

Amie said...

Lisa!!! I saw your post on our site and had to come check out your completely ADORABLE family! It seems like yesterday Izzy and Caleb were crawling around and here they are off at school! How are you guys?! Gorgeous twin baby girls!? We miss you!

A. Schoonie said...

Oh good luck! Don't you love when they have their own ideas and they don't care to change! She is a very cute princess.

The Bundrocks said...

Oh! If it isn't too late, here is my advice. Make her keep the wet panties on for at least 15 min every time she has an accident. I absolutely wouldn't let my kids out of them until they were begging and crying for me to clean them up for 15-20 min. It's when they are uncomfortable that they potty train. Then I ask every 5 min. are your panties wet or dry, if they are dry they get a bunch of praise and candy. If they aren't they get to stay in wet clothes. In my experience that is when they learn they need to use the potty. Trust me, my little method has been tried and proven on not only my kids but others as well. Good luck, let me know how it goes.
Stephanie