On Sunday evening, we took some treats to a neighbor. They asked us to come inside and visit for awhile. Everything was wonderful. We were all having a great time... until Kate threw up all over their couch, their floor, and Dave. I was SO embarrassed!! I have never seen her throw up so much! They were so sweet and understanding about it, but we quickly cleaned up and left (still dying of embarrassment. So much for them being our new friends!!) I thought she had probably just eaten something bad, but we were treated to a whole night of throwing up!
The next day was much the same. Kate was very sick and had no energy, so we spent labor day cleaning up throw up (and diarrhea) from all over the house (lovely, I know). The next morning, Kate was feeling a little better, but Olivia was throwing up. Not too long after that, Caleb joined in. What a joy it is to have 3 kids sick with the flu!!

The next day, all of the kids had stopped throwing up, but they were all so weak from not eating (especially Kate) that they just laid on the floor. I must admit that it was a nice change from having them run around like crazy animals, but it was also really sad to see them "pass out" and just fall asleep in random places.

Thursday was a better day. All of the kids were doing better (although still not eating much). We thought we were done with all of this, but then I was lucky enough to catch it as well. I only remember 1 time in my life ever feeling so terrible! There are several kinds of sick. There is the "oh, my stomach kind of hurts"sick. There is the "Oh wow, I'm in a lot of pain" sick, and then there is the "If I move off of this peed on bathroom floor, I will literally roll over and die" sick. I was blessed enough to have the third one, and I'm not ashed to admit that I actually did fall asleep on my nasty bathroom floor (now THAT'S when you know you're really sick!)
Dave's work was kind enough to let him stay home and take care of all of us (they are a really great company!) I was worried things would be much the same today. They started off bad, but tonight, things have seemed to clear up. Hopefully, we've seen the last of this terrible flu! Tomorrow starts a day of Lysoling the whole house because I would hate for anyone else to catch this! I wouldn't wish sleeping on a peed on floor on anyone!! Ok, maybe a few people!! :P
2 comments:
Bummer. Being that sick is no fun at all. I hope that you all get feeling better and good luck lysoling your house. The pictures of the girls asleep are really sweet, but I know what you mean when it is hard to see them not feeling well.
Oh you poor thing!! I hate tummy flu stuff and especially when little ones that don't make it to the bathroom well have it-- not fun!! I hope you all are doing much better!! I'll call you this weekend when we're in UT!
Post a Comment