This weekend we went down south to do a Lia Sophia jewelry party for my sister McKayle. She decided to have the party at her in-laws house in Panguitch (which also happens to be
where my Grandma lives). We had so much fun visiting with everyone!
When we stopped by Grandma's house, the kids were going crazy!! Kate jumped from my arms into Grandma's. She was smiling and so happy to see her. Olivia was a little more shy, but she warmed up to everyone in no time. Caleb and Ava ran around the house (like everywhere we go). They were so excited to see everyone. Grandma offered to keep Caleb and Ava (because they protested leaving when we said it was time to go!) while I went to set up for the party.
We got to spend more time with my grandparents after the party. Caleb was fascinated by the marble game that Grandma has (I'm
sure my siblings will remember this as well). I can't count the number of times he filled it with marbles and watched the hand take each one down in turn. The only thing that took him away from it was the discovery of the candy dish. He and Ava went crazy with all of Grandma's great candy!
With the bigger kids gone, Kate and Livi took over the marble toy and also the lucky ducks game. They were such big girls playing with everything. They even took turns (for the most part) picking up ducks off of the game.
I wanted to take some pictures before we left (you know me). I yelled for all of the kids to come in by Grandpa so we could take pictures. They all came except for Caleb. No one could find him. We went around the house yelling for him. We went outside yelling for him, and then we came back inside yelling his name. I was starting to panic a little (and I think Dave was as well). No one knew where he had gone. Finally, I yelled, "Caleb, if you are hiding, you'd better come out now or you are in big trouble!!" We heard a "haha" coming from the hallway. This is where we finally found him!

After a lecture on the proper times to and not to hide from people, we were able to take some pictures with Grandma and Grandpa as we were saying good bye.
As we were dragging the kids to the car, Caleb asked Grandma why her phone was missing from her room. She said, "It shouldn't be missing!" Caleb started laughing, "haha, I hid it!" He had put it in the dryer. The same pattern followed for her ring (he hid this under the microwave) and her potatoes (hidden in the bathroom cupboard). I'm sure she was very relieved to see us go!
Hopefully nothing else was "hidden" by Caleb either! It's always sad when it's time to leave and go home, but after our 5 hour drive back (thanks to the "scenic" route Grandma suggested) we were relieved to be home again!
2 comments:
LIsa,
I SeriOusly lOVe hEarING all THe Funny Stories aBOUt CaleB! He Is SO fuNNY!! He ProBaBly Keeps YOU EnTertained all OF the TIme! YOuR haiR lOOks So Cute By THe way! I waS saD you DIdN'T coMe down BUt I uNderstaND YOu NOt wanTiNG youR kiDs to Get siCk.
That is so awesome that your kids love your grandparents so much! Love hearing about the adventures Caleb's creates for you all! Too funny!
Post a Comment