I already had my last post for the summer, but it was so warm today that I HAD to let the kids go outside and run through the sprinklers!! Let me backtrack a bit...I put the babies down for a nap today. After about an hour long nap, I heard continuous giggles coming from their room. I sat outside listening for a few minutes. I would hear a little shriek, then one baby would giggle, and then the other. I walked inside to find this.
They had dumped their milk sippys into each others hair (which
gives it the crimpy look) and had their blankets wrapped around themselves. One would dance around (while the other one giggled) and then the other baby would dance around to giggles from the first baby! It was SO cute! I have never really seen them
interact and play with each other quite like this before. They really are beginning to be big girls instead of little babies!Since they were already dirty and having fun, I figured I'd let them go outside and play in the sprinklers. Ava was the only one actually running around through the sprinklers for the longest time.
After watching for several minutes, Kate decided to give it a try. It must
not have been that great to her because after
trying a few times, she stuck to splashing in the water on the cement. Olivia took a long time to get enough courage to actually go into the water. After watching both of her sisters having fun, she decided to give it a try. She would walk out to the sprinkler, touch it, and return to the sidewalk. She continued that pattern for most of the time we were outside.Caleb came home from Kindergarten while we were outside playing. He wanted to run through the sprinklers too, but his drawer with his swimming suits is too high for him to reach. Since he's already had 1 set of dressers fall on top of him (when he was much younger) he knows not to climb on it either. I couldn't just leave them all while I ran downstairs, so I let him run around the FRONT yard in his underwear.
Yes, I am that kind of mother! (Hey, I live in a small town! It's ok!!) He had a lot of fun. I couldn't believe how perfect the weather was today! I wish it could just stay like this forever!!
3 comments:
Sooo darling.
Where are you guys at? Southern Utah or up north?
Thanks! I (of course) think they are darling too! :) We are up by Provo. Are you still in Utah visiting??
Cute, cute pictures! My friends would be so jealous if they saw these swim pictures because that is what they wanted to do this week only it was 9am. They pretended to swim in house instead!
Ashlie
Post a Comment