Dave and I are very lucky that Caleb loves to learn. He loves numbers, but he has never really liked letters until now. We are very proud of all of his hard work! I asked if I could take a video of him reading to me, and he got so excited!! He loves to read to ANYONE that will listen to him.
He's so much smarter than I was at his age! I don't know if I'm just not remembering well or what, but I don't think we learned to read until we were in 1st grade! Our school here asks if the kids can read when they are starting Kindergarten!! It's crazy, but he loves it!
He's so much smarter than I was at his age! I don't know if I'm just not remembering well or what, but I don't think we learned to read until we were in 1st grade! Our school here asks if the kids can read when they are starting Kindergarten!! It's crazy, but he loves it!
Sorry it's dark!
For FHE this week, the kids wanted to play a new game, so Dave came up with a game I haven't played in SO long!! We played freeze dance. Basically (for those of you not privileged to have ever played it) you dance crazy while the music plays, and you freeze when the music stops.
The kids LOVED it, and I have to say my hubby made it even better. He doesn't mind goofing around and acting crazy (unlike me), so he got the kids even more wild and excited.
I really love my family!! :)
The kids LOVED it, and I have to say my hubby made it even better. He doesn't mind goofing around and acting crazy (unlike me), so he got the kids even more wild and excited.
I really love my family!! :)
And lastly, Ava was feeling left out because I was recording Caleb reading, so she asked if I would take a video of her reading as well. I was curious as to what she would "read" to us, so I told her I would! She really wants to do everything Caleb does, and Kate and Livi want to do everything she does. All of them are growing up too fast!
4 comments:
how cute is this!!!!
Freeze dance is sooo our next fam activity!!
Cute kids! I love the freeze dance idea! How fun are you guys!!!!!
I need to figure out how to do videos. Your kids are learning so much and are sooo smart! Yes David would be good at freeze dance! So I have to apologize that I never got you your birthday card. It is going in the mail tomorrow! I hope you had a good birthday! I had brought the card up when I stayed at my Mom's last weekend with the intention to get it to you, but unfortunately we never saw you. It sat in the console in my car all week!
Lisa- Your kids are adorable. I totally think your little boy looks like Derek in those younger years! And Mary Jo's little girl is a spittin image of her! Wow- So stinkin' cute. Where do you live anyway? Keep in touch!
Post a Comment