Wednesday, October 1, 2008

So fun, it's SCARY!!

The kids and I decided to make a haunted gingerbread house for Halloween. They were so excited to make it (Ava was mostly excited to just eat it!) The package should tell you it takes awhile for the frosting to harden! Try telling 2 little kids, "Ok, now that it's put together, we need to let it sit for a few hours (even though the box said 15 minutes, it fell about 3 times)
before we can decorate it!
We put it together last night. They were so anxious to decorate it that they didn't even get out of their pjs! I helped with the frosting, but I let them do the rest by themselves.
We would never be asked to professionally decorate anything
(as you can tell), but we sure had a lot of fun!!


6 comments:

Gwen said...

That's such a fun idea. Did you buy a kit somewhere?

LisaJ said...

Yes (I don't have enough domestic skills to make it myself)! I found it at our grocery store. :)

A. Schoonie said...

It looks very spooky! Cute idea to do a haunted house.

Serena said...

That's cute! What a fun mom you are!

DeMille Family said...

It's barely October and you are already on the ball. Well you are Christmas shopping in Jan. so it doesn't surprise me! I wish I was as on top of it like you are. I love the pictures of your kids!! Can't wait to see you all!

JeNNy said...

tHAt LooKS so FUn! i AM so eXCitED fOR you gUyS to cOMe DOWn! i WisH wE liVED cLOsE TO yoU guYS! sOMeDAY hoPEFullY :)