Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mouse in the House

I have not been able to have a deep sleep since Caleb was born. The nurse made the mistake of telling me that he choked on fluid while in the hospital (during the night) and I have been a light sleeper ever since. Last night, I was finally able to get into a deep sleep...

I was so relaxed and having a wonderful dream, but suddenly, I felt something crawling on me. It was sitting on my chest (almost to my neck). I reached down to move it (thinking it was probably a fly) and I felt something furry. I immediately sat up screaming (not the "ahhhh" screaming like you're scared.....it was the "eeeeeeee" screaming of a helpless little girl!) "EEEEEEEE, There's a mouse on me, there's a mouse!!"

I have never seen Dave jump so fast! Once the lights were turned on, my "mouse" was reveled. Caleb had climbed in bed with us during the night. Normally I notice this, but I was in such a deep sleep that I didn't. The "crawling" was his hand twitching in his sleep. When I had put my hand down to move it, I had felt his fuzzy pajamas!!

Dave was not amused, but I thought it was a little funny. It took me about 30 minutes of lying in the dark listening for a mouse (and not hearing one) to realize that it really was Caleb and not an actual mouse. Oddly enough, my screams didn't wake Caleb up, and he stayed sound asleep, oblivious to the fact that this "mouse" had just scared the crap out of me!!




11 comments:

Gwen said...

You totally just made me laugh out loud! I love that story. Maybe you can find a way to relate it back to lia sophia..... Just kidding! I always love it when you wake up and there is a little face right up in your face.

KelliAnn Christensen said...

Yikes! You really had me nervous for awhile. I bet you won't fall into a deep sleep again for a long, long time. :)

LisaJ said...

I was really nervous too! My sister actually had that happen to her when we were younger. She wasn't as lucky as me. It really was a mouse on her!!

Gwen, of course we can relate it to Lia Sophia!! EVERYTHING goes back to relate to Lia Sophia! :) umm....things aren't always what they first seem!

Gwen said...

You make me laugh! And, next time you come out for training I'll make you fudge.

lillysmum said...

Hahaha! That is hysterical! Did we ever tell you about the time I thought a mouse bit my head? But it was just Mike pinching my scalp INCREDIBLY hard in his sleep.

Shannon Allen said...

Lisa- that is so funny! Hey we are in Ogden- so not too much farther north--- but a little. :)
Are you adjusting to the cold? I've been here for 9 years and still can't get used to the cold weather!

Jeana said...

too funny! I would have screamed too. :) You make me laugh.

A. Schoonie said...

That would be very disgusting if it were really a mouse! I would be freaking out as well! Glad that it was just PJs, but dreams can seem so real.
Ashlie

DeMille Family said...

I dont get into deep sleeps much anymore either. It sounds that once again Caleb has disrupted yours! What a character he is, we miss all your little one's! Funny story though!

heidizinha said...

hey lisa! it's great to find your blog!

Shelane said...

hee hee hee. ha ha HA HA. (chuckle). so not a mouse fan.