I'm not sure why the schools start Kindergarten a week after regular school, but they do, so today was Ava's first day of Kindergarten. She has been SO excited! She would ask every day how many more days until she got to go to school.

She couldn't wait to wear her favorite new shirt and headband to school (thanks Aunt Jenny for the cute headband!). She picked it out all by herself. She loved it because "it looks like you are wearing a necklace!" (a girl after my own heart!!). She also couldn't wait to eat her special breakfast ("skinnies") on the even more special red plate. (Thanks once again, Melissa! My kids LOVE this plate!)
After breakfast, we quickly got ready so I could take pictures. She loves posing for pictures, and I take TONS of pictures, so we had a great time!



We rushed off for school, where I was able to take even more pictures!!


Ava got the same teacher Caleb had, so she wasn't nervous to go to school at all.
She also has the treat of her choice waiting for her when she comes home. (Aunt Jenny's homemade oreo cookies with pink frosting)

I can't believe Ava is old enough to go to school! It seems like yesterday that Caleb was just going to school and Ava was so upset that she couldn't go as well. She is growing up so fast! She is such a beautiful, smart, and funny girl. I am so lucky to be her mother!
4 comments:
What a cutie! Y'know they ought to send the Kindergartners in a week before the other kids cause they are so excited to go! :)
Those pictures are SOOO cute! She is darling and I love the special breakfast and treat traditions.
What a cutie pie! I can't believe she's in kindergarten already! I love your cute 1st day of school traditions! :)
I can't believe how much she looks like you Lisa and I can't believe you have two kids in school! Ava looks so happy.
Post a Comment