Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Back to school


Yesterday was Caleb's first day of 2nd grade. He was so excited, and so were we! I really feel just like this when school comes around.


I've unintentionally started a tradition with my kids. They get to choose whatever they want for breakfast, and I have a treat of their choice made for when they get home from school. Caleb chose to have "skinnies" (crepes for most people) for breakfast and "chocolate cupcakes with green frosting" for his treat. I woke up feeling sick that morning, but Dave took over for me and even took a few pictures of Caleb for me. Luckily, I was feeling somewhat better by afternoon, so I was able to have the cupcakes waiting for him.

In all honesty, Caleb is such a big helper to me. I will be sad to have him gone for most of the day, but I am counting down for the next few weeks. Ava starts next week and the twins start the week after that, so if you see Dave and me dancing around town, you'll understand why!

**I felt so bad about missing out on his first day of school, that I had to go back later and at least get a picture with his teacher!**

No comments: