Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back to school Part 3


Kate and Olivia started preschool today (hurray!!) We were all excited...until we realized how early we had to wake up to get everyone ready for school. We are not morning people in the slightest!
The girls chose frozen Ego waffles for their breakfast. Kate picked chocolate chip, and Olivia buttermilk. That made things easier for the morning! Normally, the special red plate would be used for breakfast, but we only had one, so Dave took the girls to the store the night before to choose their own "special" plates.Kate chose a see through baby blue plate (it's hard to tell on the black table).

Livi chose to stick with a red plate. This one has black pinwheels on the corner.


We hurried to get ready in enough time to take a few (or a little more than a few) pictures before we headed to school. Olivia chose a purple outfit, and Kate chose pink.



The girls were so excited to wear their new back packs to school. Kate chose the Barbie back pack, and Olivia chose the Olivia back pack (I hoped that would make telling them apart easier for the teachers!)

We grabbed backpacks and their homework (these little people we had to decorate to look like the girls) and headed to school where the girls got to find their own lockers.They looked so big! It was a little sad leaving them, but they were lucky enough to get Miss Angie as their teacher, so I knew they'd be in good hands. They had a great day at school, but they were so happy to come home to eat the treat of their choice. They chose homemade oreos with pink frosting.I can't believe they are going to school! We love these little girls so much!

6 comments:

Marn E said...

So cute! Mrs Angie caught me peeking in the window looking at them :)

Kim said...

They looked so cute this morning! I love that top picture with their arms around each other! They're adorable!

Gwen said...

I love the picture of them turned around with their backpacks! It's like "Okay, spread em!"

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

So cute! I LOVE their little hair cuts. You can't even tell they cut their own hair!

Angie said...

Don't worry, we're not morning people in the slightest either. Or I should say, I'm not. They looked so precious for their first day of preschool! I love their huge backpacks! What cuties. Oh, and by the way, your blog was all covered in little photo bucket slides that said image removed when I looked at it. I couldn't read anything.

A. Schoonie said...

They are adorable! I cannot believe that they are old enough to go to school. I remember receiving the email that you had them, which feels like it was just yesterday!
Cool lockers that they get at school. Hope things are going well.
Ashlie