Time is just flying! I can't believe Mason is 4 months old. He is such a sweet boy. I've never posted this before, but I want to remember it, so I'll post it now.
It's no secret that we weren't planning to have Mason. I was (to say the least) surprised to find out we were expecting. I was really worried. I have anxiety issues anyway, but to add an unexpected baby to the mix was very difficult for me.
I needed to get my temple recommend signed by the stake president, so I went in for the interview. I expected the usual questions, quick in, quick out, and be done, but that didn't happen. The stake president stopped mid-questions and asked me what I was troubled about. I hesitated for a minute because we hadn't told anyone but family about the baby yet. I mentioned that I just found out I was expecting. He asked me if we had planned for it. When I mentioned that we hadn't, he told me that he had a feeling that was it and that he was prompted to tell me that this baby coming to me was special. This baby fought to come to our family and that he would be a solace to me throughout my life.
I know this stake president was inspired. Mason has truly blessed our family and has already been a solace to me. I love the calming influence he is in our home. We love you so much Mason, and we feel so lucky to have you in our family!!
8 comments:
WOW that is awesome. What a way to make you feel good. He is so cute. He has gotten chubby.
Stories like this make me realize that we are part of something so very special.
Thanks for sharing something so tender and personal.
that is so neat, thank you for sharing :) It's amazing what our Heavenly Father has is store for us. And look at your sweet Mason, what a blessing :)
I agree; thank you for sharing that we all of us. It's amazing the way things work out. He is so cute and getting so big!
Such a sweet storey. Thanks for sharing!
What an amazing story Lisa, ans what a blessing- to have a child that will a solace throughout your life? What more could any parent want? I value your faith, and thank you for sharing that awesome experience.
That is a great story!! He is so so cute!! Miss you guys sorry we couldn't come up this weekend :(
What an inspired leader. How cool for you to have an experience like that to bring you peace as well. He looks like a very happy boy!
Post a Comment