I wasn't going to post this event (because I didn't want to remember it) but my brother, Derek, told me that I needed to post it. This is for you, Derek.
We began potty training Kate and Olivia over New Years. We've had ups and downs with it. Monday was our WAY down. Usually, they will actually go in the bathroom by themselves and go potty, come out, and have me put a sticker on their potty charts.
Monday afternoon was no different except that Olivia failed to mention that she had already pooped in her pull up. Needless to say, when she went to the potty, she pulled down the pull up and ended up dropping a huge pile onto the floor.

I have a weak stomach. I don't do well with poop. Kate had also pooped in her pull up and was in the bathroom with Olivia. I walked in to check on them, saw the pile on the floor (about threw up) and called Dave to ask him to "come home for lunch" and clean it up. (He's the iron stomach of the family).

I went back in to see if it had gotten all over my rug, but the pile was missing.
M- "Olivia, where did the poop go?"
O- "Kate clean it up for me......Kate clean it up for me!"
I looked over at Kate to see her demonstrating with her thumb and pointer finger how she had barehandedly picked up Olivia's pile of poop and put it in the toilet. She had it all over her hands, and Olivia still had it all over her bum. I put them in the bathtub (with no water) to wait for Dave to come home.
I sat outside the bathroom anxiously waiting for Dave to get home, and knowing if I tried to clean it up myself, there would be throw up added to the mess as well.
After a minute or so, I was treated to a lovely song by my twins "Clean up, clean up" (Thank you nursery). I opened the door and found them rubbing my toothpaste all over their hands, bums, and everywhere else. (If you think poop is fun to clean up, try mixing it with toothpaste as well!) At least they were trying to help, right??
(If one is on the potty when the other has to go, she'll say, "get on the back" and they try to go together. The joys of potty training twins....)
Poor Dave (what a great guy!) had to clean the whole bathroom top to bottom. Needless to say, we ended up throwing away a lot of things, and I've learned that it's not always a good thing to hear your kids singing "clean up, clean up". Pray that we make it through potty training these two!! ;)
We began potty training Kate and Olivia over New Years. We've had ups and downs with it. Monday was our WAY down. Usually, they will actually go in the bathroom by themselves and go potty, come out, and have me put a sticker on their potty charts.
Monday afternoon was no different except that Olivia failed to mention that she had already pooped in her pull up. Needless to say, when she went to the potty, she pulled down the pull up and ended up dropping a huge pile onto the floor.
I have a weak stomach. I don't do well with poop. Kate had also pooped in her pull up and was in the bathroom with Olivia. I walked in to check on them, saw the pile on the floor (about threw up) and called Dave to ask him to "come home for lunch" and clean it up. (He's the iron stomach of the family).
I went back in to see if it had gotten all over my rug, but the pile was missing.
M- "Olivia, where did the poop go?"
O- "Kate clean it up for me......Kate clean it up for me!"
I looked over at Kate to see her demonstrating with her thumb and pointer finger how she had barehandedly picked up Olivia's pile of poop and put it in the toilet. She had it all over her hands, and Olivia still had it all over her bum. I put them in the bathtub (with no water) to wait for Dave to come home.
I sat outside the bathroom anxiously waiting for Dave to get home, and knowing if I tried to clean it up myself, there would be throw up added to the mess as well.
After a minute or so, I was treated to a lovely song by my twins "Clean up, clean up" (Thank you nursery). I opened the door and found them rubbing my toothpaste all over their hands, bums, and everywhere else. (If you think poop is fun to clean up, try mixing it with toothpaste as well!) At least they were trying to help, right??
Poor Dave (what a great guy!) had to clean the whole bathroom top to bottom. Needless to say, we ended up throwing away a lot of things, and I've learned that it's not always a good thing to hear your kids singing "clean up, clean up". Pray that we make it through potty training these two!! ;)
8 comments:
oh my gosh, what an experience. I also have a weak stomach and throw up is something I CAN NOT handle, unless I absolutely have to, and it ends up in me dry heaving the whole time. I feel for you, potty training Stock was so hard and that was only one kid! I am dreading trying to start with Briggs. I don't even think I will attempt it while pregnant. Any way, the good thing is someday you will look back on this and laugh :)
Oh my heck! That is the best story ever! I was laughing my head off--something a girl needs in the middle of a day with 1st graders! :) I have been wondering how it was going. Brynlie is a complete nightmare so I stopped putting panties on her and now she has a complete meltdown every time she goes to the bathroom in her diaper. I think I've traumatized her for life! She may never be potty trained. I was thinking of sending her to your house and you could see what it would be like to potty train triplets! ;)
One day you will be so glad that you have recorded these gems. But for now know that your friends and family are getting a good laugh while symapathizing (is that a word?) deeply for you. Give me a call if you ever need help cleaning up. I'm the one with the stronger stomach in our family.
LOL!!! I'm so sorry. I have a weak stomach when it comes to throw up. You'll be happy you recorded this event! LOL
That is a moment as a mommy that you wonder why you are a mommy...lol man thats a mess! You will be glad one day you posted that. You could use that story to tell there boys they go on dates with to scare them off....lol:)
Thanks for the laugh Lisa, I heard a small rumor you may have more stories like this in the near future.
Okay, I laughed and laughed and laughed when I read that!
this story made me crack up tonight! oh, the joys and adventures of parenting! i love hearing about the adventures your kids have:)
Post a Comment