(I still obviously need to get a new camera and better lighting in my house!! But here's Mason at 1 week old)** Warning, this may be boring for a lot of you, but I'm putting it in here for us to remember!**
I have never gone into labor on my own. With all of my other children, I dilated without feeling anything and was dilated to a 5-6 by the time I got to the hospital. I stop dilating around a 6, and have to get started with meds to keep things going.
We were set to have a c-section on the 2th of November (unless I went into labor on my own). I was a little disappointed because we had been told that the 18th would be the latest that the baby would be here, but what can you do? On Saturday the 7th things were normal. I had a Lia Sophia party 1.5 hours away from home. We went shopping for a few hours on the way home, put the kids to bed, and watched some tv. About 10 pm, I started having some slightly painful contractions, so I took a bath and decided to try and go to bed (after debating taking a sleeping pill to help me out) Luckily I didn't go with the sleeping pill, because at 11:30 I woke up in quite a bit more pain.
I had been paranoid about getting to the hospital in time (since the Dr. told me my uterus could rupture and the hospital was 30 minutes away). I told Dave that we mostly likely would get sent home, but I'd rather wake Marnie (our friend) now instead of 2 hours later. She hurried over (thanks again Marnie!!) and we were off.
By the time we got to the hospital (12:30 am), I was hurting quite a bit more. They sent us straight up to labor and delivery, and we found out I was dilated to a 4 and would be staying to have a baby. It didn't seem real! I called my Mom, sisters, and Dave's parents, and they all headed to the hospital.
The nurse came in to give me an IV. She messed up, and blood started running all over my arm and the sheets. She kept apologizing, finally got it cleaned up, and told me she was sending in the Dr. to give me an epidural. I started to panic. I've had 1 terrible epidural (with Ava). It started with a nurse who messed up my IV (just the same as this one), so I started to worry about having another terrible epidural.
The Dr. came in and asked me how I was doing. When I explained to him that I was very nervous due to a bad epidural, he tried to calm my fears (he really was very nice). I kept trying to remind myself that this was the last epidural I ever had to sit through (it didn't really help though) and I kept thinking about how excited my kids would be to wake up and find out they had a new brother. I was feeling ok (still VERY scared and nervous, but ok) until he mentioned that there was blood in my epidural line. He had hit a vein, so we had to start all over again. Luckily, I didn't feel anything the second time around, and things were great after that.
Dave parents arrived and waited with us while I kept calling my family to see how far away they were (they had a 3 1/2 hour dive). My Dr. really wanted us to have a repeat c-section, but the surgeon had talked me into trying a VBAC (that meant that he had to sit in the hospital all night just in case). Although the Dr. didn't seem too happy, he called the surgeon (who agreed to come and sleep at the hospital) and I was prepped for the VBAC.
Progress was slower than I was used to (about 1 cm an hour), and I started feeling the contractions from about an 8 on. A few hours later, I needed to call the nurse in because I could feel it was time to push. I held off calling her in for about 10 minutes so I could wait for my family to get there. As soon as they walked in, the nurse came in, and we were ready to go. My mom and Dave stayed in the room with me, and at 6:22 am, Mason Daniel Judd was born. He was 6 lbs 6 ozs and 19 inches long.
My babies have always had some complications when they were born, so Dave has never been able to cut the cord. Mason's apgar score was an 8 (out of 10), so they were able to put him right on my chest (also new to me) and had Dave cut the cord. I was crying (of course) and so happy that he was here and ok.
Even though it has only been a week, he has already added so much to our family! He is a wonderful baby, and we love our little man!

I have never gone into labor on my own. With all of my other children, I dilated without feeling anything and was dilated to a 5-6 by the time I got to the hospital. I stop dilating around a 6, and have to get started with meds to keep things going.
We were set to have a c-section on the 2th of November (unless I went into labor on my own). I was a little disappointed because we had been told that the 18th would be the latest that the baby would be here, but what can you do? On Saturday the 7th things were normal. I had a Lia Sophia party 1.5 hours away from home. We went shopping for a few hours on the way home, put the kids to bed, and watched some tv. About 10 pm, I started having some slightly painful contractions, so I took a bath and decided to try and go to bed (after debating taking a sleeping pill to help me out) Luckily I didn't go with the sleeping pill, because at 11:30 I woke up in quite a bit more pain.
I had been paranoid about getting to the hospital in time (since the Dr. told me my uterus could rupture and the hospital was 30 minutes away). I told Dave that we mostly likely would get sent home, but I'd rather wake Marnie (our friend) now instead of 2 hours later. She hurried over (thanks again Marnie!!) and we were off.
By the time we got to the hospital (12:30 am), I was hurting quite a bit more. They sent us straight up to labor and delivery, and we found out I was dilated to a 4 and would be staying to have a baby. It didn't seem real! I called my Mom, sisters, and Dave's parents, and they all headed to the hospital.
The nurse came in to give me an IV. She messed up, and blood started running all over my arm and the sheets. She kept apologizing, finally got it cleaned up, and told me she was sending in the Dr. to give me an epidural. I started to panic. I've had 1 terrible epidural (with Ava). It started with a nurse who messed up my IV (just the same as this one), so I started to worry about having another terrible epidural.
The Dr. came in and asked me how I was doing. When I explained to him that I was very nervous due to a bad epidural, he tried to calm my fears (he really was very nice). I kept trying to remind myself that this was the last epidural I ever had to sit through (it didn't really help though) and I kept thinking about how excited my kids would be to wake up and find out they had a new brother. I was feeling ok (still VERY scared and nervous, but ok) until he mentioned that there was blood in my epidural line. He had hit a vein, so we had to start all over again. Luckily, I didn't feel anything the second time around, and things were great after that.
Dave parents arrived and waited with us while I kept calling my family to see how far away they were (they had a 3 1/2 hour dive). My Dr. really wanted us to have a repeat c-section, but the surgeon had talked me into trying a VBAC (that meant that he had to sit in the hospital all night just in case). Although the Dr. didn't seem too happy, he called the surgeon (who agreed to come and sleep at the hospital) and I was prepped for the VBAC.
Progress was slower than I was used to (about 1 cm an hour), and I started feeling the contractions from about an 8 on. A few hours later, I needed to call the nurse in because I could feel it was time to push. I held off calling her in for about 10 minutes so I could wait for my family to get there. As soon as they walked in, the nurse came in, and we were ready to go. My mom and Dave stayed in the room with me, and at 6:22 am, Mason Daniel Judd was born. He was 6 lbs 6 ozs and 19 inches long.

My babies have always had some complications when they were born, so Dave has never been able to cut the cord. Mason's apgar score was an 8 (out of 10), so they were able to put him right on my chest (also new to me) and had Dave cut the cord. I was crying (of course) and so happy that he was here and ok.
Even though it has only been a week, he has already added so much to our family! He is a wonderful baby, and we love our little man!

7 comments:
i love hearing all birth stories...
and id be FREAKING if blood was all over the sheets and i knew I hadnt had the epidural yet either..
glad it all turned out.
He is sooo adorable!
he's adorable! maybe i'm weird, but I like hearing birth stories too:) so glad everything turned out great! now the real fun begins...soon he'll have his chance to get stuck in the lego table!!!
He is so cute. Like the other comments I like to hear birth stories as well because they are all so different. Dan hasn't been able to cut the cord with either of my kids either because of complications. I really hope (if there is a third.) that he can have that experience.
So precious! Your story was great I had to read every word. Your baby is adorable and I'm so happy for you and your cute family!
Oh Lisa he's beautiful!! I think he looks so much like Caleb as a newborn. I'm so glad that everything turned out okay. I love the pictures with Mason and his big brothers and sisters.
Sounds like everything went really well! I'm so happy for you.
Not boring. I like hearing peple's labor and delivery stories. Glad he's here and everything worked out.
Post a Comment