Our big boy turns 6 today!! I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. We love you so much Caleb! Our lives would not be complete without you. You have brought so much laughter and excitement into our home. It was really hard to narrow it down to 6 things I love about him, so I'm doing 6 things I love about him, and 6 things I always want to remember about him! Happy Birthday, Caleb! We love you so much!!


6 things I love about Caleb
1- If you know Caleb at all, you know that he is hilarious! He's not just your typical "chuckle a little at what he says kid". He is down right funny. He makes us laugh all the time with the quirky things he says.
2- He is very thoughtful and sweet. ANYTHING you ask him to do to help you out, he does it, and he does it without complaining. He is a great helper. He hates to make anyone upset. I asked him if he'd tell me when I started getting fat (with the baby) and he said, "no, but I'll tell you when you get skinny. That's not nice, and I don't want to make you sad."
3- He has a tender heart. He hates to see anyone or anything in pain. Anytime I am sick, he offers to rub my back or get anything that would make me feel better. He even tries to stop Ava from smashing bugs because he hates to see them get hurt.
4-He loves to learn and is very smart. When you ask him a question, his eyes light up, and you can just see his mind racing a million miles a minute. He loves to think of riddles, and he gets so excited to learn new things.
5- He has such an excitement and energy for life. Even if he's just going grocery shopping with me, he is excited and ready to go (and if you know him, I'm sure you can picture him jumping up and down and flapping his hands like he does when he gets excited!! I LOVE that!)
6-He is creative. He'll tell me about something he's thinking of, and then go and build it (with Legos) to show it to me. He dreams up ideas for ways to make things better and faster.


6 things I want to remember about Caleb
1- From the moment I could feel him move, he's been on the go. You could literally see him rolling (not just kicking) across my belly. He hasn't stopped since! He rolled over consistently at 5 days old (not because of special skill, just because he never held still!!)
2- When he was born, he didn't cry. He simply turned his head and looked around at everything. He's still like that. He's always exploring things around him.
3- One of my favorite things when he was young was the way he answered your questions. If you asked if he wanted something, he'd reply "yeah do" (Yeah, I do). I still smile thinking of his cute little voice.
4- When I was pregnant with the twins, I was showing Dave how big my belly was. Caleb saw my stretch marks and said, "oh, mom, did the babies scratch you?" I replied that I actually got those when he was in my tummy. He walked up and placed a hand over the top of 1/2 of them "yep, that's mine.....Ava, these must be from you!"
5- He always thinks about others. Anytime he gets a treat from school, church, or anywhere, he eats 1/2 of it (if even that) and brings the rest home to share with Ava. He is ALWAYS thinking about others first.
6- In Kindergarten, all of the kids were asked what they wanted to be when they grew up. Caleb told us that he wants to be a "video game maker". How original. I would have never thought of something like that when I was younger. He dreams big, but I know he can do whatever he puts his mind to!

We love you so much buddy!!


6 things I love about Caleb
1- If you know Caleb at all, you know that he is hilarious! He's not just your typical "chuckle a little at what he says kid". He is down right funny. He makes us laugh all the time with the quirky things he says.
2- He is very thoughtful and sweet. ANYTHING you ask him to do to help you out, he does it, and he does it without complaining. He is a great helper. He hates to make anyone upset. I asked him if he'd tell me when I started getting fat (with the baby) and he said, "no, but I'll tell you when you get skinny. That's not nice, and I don't want to make you sad."
3- He has a tender heart. He hates to see anyone or anything in pain. Anytime I am sick, he offers to rub my back or get anything that would make me feel better. He even tries to stop Ava from smashing bugs because he hates to see them get hurt.
4-He loves to learn and is very smart. When you ask him a question, his eyes light up, and you can just see his mind racing a million miles a minute. He loves to think of riddles, and he gets so excited to learn new things.
5- He has such an excitement and energy for life. Even if he's just going grocery shopping with me, he is excited and ready to go (and if you know him, I'm sure you can picture him jumping up and down and flapping his hands like he does when he gets excited!! I LOVE that!)
6-He is creative. He'll tell me about something he's thinking of, and then go and build it (with Legos) to show it to me. He dreams up ideas for ways to make things better and faster.


6 things I want to remember about Caleb
1- From the moment I could feel him move, he's been on the go. You could literally see him rolling (not just kicking) across my belly. He hasn't stopped since! He rolled over consistently at 5 days old (not because of special skill, just because he never held still!!)
2- When he was born, he didn't cry. He simply turned his head and looked around at everything. He's still like that. He's always exploring things around him.
3- One of my favorite things when he was young was the way he answered your questions. If you asked if he wanted something, he'd reply "yeah do" (Yeah, I do). I still smile thinking of his cute little voice.
4- When I was pregnant with the twins, I was showing Dave how big my belly was. Caleb saw my stretch marks and said, "oh, mom, did the babies scratch you?" I replied that I actually got those when he was in my tummy. He walked up and placed a hand over the top of 1/2 of them "yep, that's mine.....Ava, these must be from you!"
5- He always thinks about others. Anytime he gets a treat from school, church, or anywhere, he eats 1/2 of it (if even that) and brings the rest home to share with Ava. He is ALWAYS thinking about others first.
6- In Kindergarten, all of the kids were asked what they wanted to be when they grew up. Caleb told us that he wants to be a "video game maker". How original. I would have never thought of something like that when I was younger. He dreams big, but I know he can do whatever he puts his mind to!

We love you so much buddy!!

7 comments:
Happy 6th Birthday Caleb!!!!
We think Caleb is so cute. We love how he always looks at our baby in church and gives us sweet advice about what to do with her. It cracks us up.
That was a cute post! It was cool to learn more about him. What a special guy you have.
We LOVe you Caleb! I hope Easton turns out just like you! Hes already got you in the accident prone area haha!
What a good idea to tell your cute boy 6 things that you like about him and 6 things you always remember on his 6th birthday. How fun! I hope it made him feel good about him self, because that was such a wonderful post about your sweet boy. And I can't believe that he is already 6. Time flies when your kids are as cool as yours, I guess.
he is the best. One of the funniest kids ever. the dinosaur roar still gets me every time I think if it.
Happy Birthday to your sweet boy!
Post a Comment