Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th

We had a wonderful 4th of July weekend. We left Thursday night to go to Panguitch for a family reunion. My sister, Darcee, was nice enough to let us stay in her Summer house there. My kids were so excited to be there.
We were up until 2 AM with Kate and Livi running around saying "Dawcee's house....so fun!" You would have thought they were in Disneyland instead of a 2 bedroom home in the middle of nowhere!!



Friday, we took Caleb and Ava to Bryce Canyon. It was the perfect day to go. It wasn't crowded, and it was slightly overcast as well.We were able to see some beautiful scenery.
Caleb had his heart set on hiking the "Mossy Cave" trail before we left, and luckily it wasn't a hard trail at all. After just a few rests...

We made it to the cave.
Luckily, Dave was there to actually take the kids into the cave because I couldn't waddle down the steep slope to take them in.
Even the drive back was beautiful. We got do drive through Red Canyon. We really are blessed to have such beautiful natural surroundings here.
We had the reunion the next day. I didn't take any pictures (because my batteries were almost dead). I figured if you're reading my blog, you are either
A-My family, and you already know what you look like.
OR
B- My friend, and you really don't care what my distant relatives look like anyway.

I did, however get a picture of the kids before the parade.
We had a great time. We even ended up staying an extra day (thanks to a bad tire and a small town whose tire shop was closed on the 4th!) but I was still happy. We love being able to spend time with our family.

7 comments:

krimmeez said...

Your kids are soo cute! And you look very cute all pregnant. I totally miss the red rock! Looked like a fun 4th!

heidizinha said...

i can't believe you're going to add another boy to your family pictures!

Gwen said...

You look so gorgeous!

Serena said...

How fun! Your kids are cute, and you don't look huge at all! (well besides your Pam Anderson assets, haha) You look way cute!

Jenn said...

So fun!! Your kids are adorable and are getting so big!! Caleb looks so grown-up all of the sudden. We really need to get together-- it's been to long. Hopefully we really will make it down to some football games this fall. If not I'll just have to take a little birthday shopping trip and visit!!

Angie said...

Maybe we did want to see pictures of your distant relatives...then again, maybe not. Ha, Ha. You are looking totally great - pregnancy is just so cute to everyone else, eventhough you probably feel huge and yucky.

LisaJ said...

Serena, I said the same thing about them to Dave! I'm not even nursing yet. Hopefully they go down quickly! :)