Since the twins turn 2 on Monday (and Dave has to work Monday) we decided to have a family party for them on Saturday. I let the girl's pick out their own clothes for the day, and then we loaded everyone into the van and headed to the Hogle Zoo.
It seemed like a great idea at the time of planning, but I probably should have checked the weather first. An afternoon outside with 4 kids (and being pregnant) on the first 100 degree day of the year didn't make for the best idea.
Despite all the red faces, we still had a good time (after $30 of icees).
Once we were able to cool everyone down, the kids were ready to go see all the animals and play on the playground.

10 comments:
looks like a fun day, but that sucks that it was so hot. I can't believe your twins are 2! Time is flying by! Well it looks like you and your family are doing great :)
The 1 picture of Caleb looks like you cropped him into it. I am amazed that you take 4 kids to the zoo! What a woman!
Tell Kate and Livi HAPPY BIRTHDAY from us!
you are a brave lady. last summer when i was pregnant we only did indoor activities!! it is tough when it gets so hot. happy birthday to your twins!
Such cute pictures! It looks like you guys had a great time! Happy Birthday Kate & Olivia!
Happy Birthday to the twins! I can't believe they are 2 already. What a fun party though. Enjoy the sun, I'm sure it reminds you of St. George :)
Man they're going to have to start moving waaay back to take the Judd family pictures before too much longer. I'm glad you at least looked like you were having a fun time. You are very brave doing that trip.
Lisa, you make some pretty kids! Geez. Can't wait to see what the next one looks like! I can relate to the pregnancy zoo thing. Don't you just love all the fragrant aromas? And the heat, my goodness, the HEAT! Looks like it was fun!
Looks like we missed you by one day. We took Sophie to the zoo on Friday for her #2 birthday!
It might not have hit 100 degrees, but it sure was toasty...and I'm not pregnant, nor was I wearing a black shirt! I can't imagine how you felt. Hopefully you got an Icee, too!
You are such a fun, nice mom to brave the heat and the pregnancy ickies to go to the zoo! Looks like they had fun. And I love the picture of Caleb in the turtle shell - hilarious!
That looks so fun! I had a lot of fun when we went with you guys last year! I want to take easton there soon! That pic of caleb is so funny! you are very brave how do you do it?
Post a Comment