Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Food, Family, Friends, and Fun!

Click to play Thanksgiving
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow
This Thanksgiving was spent in St. George with my family! It was so nice to be able to spend time with them. I love my family, and I miss living close by (at times :P) Being the smarty that I am, I forgot my camera (I brought it, just forgot it) so Mary Jo took all these pictures for us! The only pictures I managed to get were of Caleb and Jaeden "boxing" with the Hulk gloves! They had so much fun!

After Thanksgiving, Darcee, Mary Jo, and I pulled a crazy all nighter to go shopping. Although I was exhausted by the time it was over, and I vowed once again that I would never do it again (Dave reminded me I've said this the past 3 years) I really had a lot of fun with them. Isn't it amazing how you can fight with your sisters like cats and dogs growing up and become such good friends later in life? If you would have told me when I was younger that I would actually enjoy spending hours together with my sisters, I would have laughed my butt off (which wouldn't have been totally bad...I've got a lot of butt to spare!!)

After we got home from Thanksgiving, we immediately started preparing for company. My mom, aunt (and her whole family), cousin (and her son) came up to go to a Jazz game. On top of that, one of my good friends came down from Idaho (with her family) to stay at our house. I was so excited, but of course something had to go wrong...our furnace started leaking gas! I was so worried because Jenn was bringing her new baby! We called to fix it, $2500 later (Merry Christmas to us) we had a new furnace.

We had a wonderful time with our company. As always, I love when my family comes to visit, and I don't get to see Jenn and her family nearly enough, so it was exciting and wonderful. I just wish we had more time! I was going to post pictures of the Jazz game (7th row seats thanks to Dave's work) but no one emailed me their pictures, so you'll have to imagine that part.
All in all, it was a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

4 comments:

Shelane said...

i feel ya on the furnace. ours just had issues and the repair guy wanted to replace it but we ended up just getting a new control panel. not quite as expensive, thankfully.

you're just on a roll, first the carpet... what's next???

Ben and MaryJo Scott Family said...

That crazy all nighter was the best! I love spending time with you guys too. We need to do it more often without the kids. Look at the memories we are creating. And I WILL see you there next year, it's a tradition.

Jenn said...

Thanks so much for letting us come and crash at your house!!! It was so good to see you and your family!! It was way too quick though, we'll have to come down this spring and spend a few days!! Oh-- you need to post your waffle recipe--Jason can't stop talking about how amazing they were!!

A. Schoonie said...

Spending time with family is really the best! Love the tent out of quilts. Must be the age...we have the same thing going on at our house everyday!
Happy Holidays!
Ashlie