Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Let's Party!

We had Ava's birthday party over the weekend. I had a friend make her cake for us. We had no clue what it was going to look like (other than a Hello Kitty cake). Needless to say, she loved it!

It was so much fun setting up all the decorations. I have never seen her so excited! (I forgot to get a picture of the Hello Kitty paper lanterns over the table!)

They got to color Hello Kitty cookies with food coloring markers. After that, they headed downstairs to play pin the bow on Hello Kitty. The rest of the day was filled with pizza,

cake,

and "freeze dance"

They all appeared to have a great time. After the friends left, Ava and her cousins went ice skating.
We had a few meltdowns from Kate and Livi (who were scared of walking on ice skates),
(luckily, they got over it)and I was certain Jaeden or Caleb would break their arms (they were fearless on the ice), but all in all, it was a lot of fun!
But I'm glad to have it over!

5 comments:

Angie said...

Everything looks so cute and all the kids do look like they had a great time! You're a brave woman to invite so many kids to the party and then go ice skating on top of that. What a fun birthday for her!

somerville.blogspot.com said...

My kids loved it! And are still talking about how much fun the ice skating was. Thanks so much for keeping them that weekend the had a blast!!

JeNNy said...

Ava's party looks so fun!!! You are such a fun mom :) I would definitely need one of those walker things on the ice haha

Kim said...

What a cute, fun party! That cake is to die for!! Happy Birthday, to your cute little Ava!

Elizabeth said...

You are such a great mom, Lisa. I bet Ava was totally stoked about a cool cake like that. ;)