Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ava!!

6 years ago today, we were blessed to have Ava join our family! Ava is such a smart, sweet, beautiful girl. She is very talented. She loves to sing and draw. She is such a special girl, and we are so lucky to have her in our family!

Ava knew exactly what she wanted for her birthday. I don't just mean gifts. She had decorations, cards, food, etc all planned out. (I wish I was as organized as her!!) She will be having a Hello Kitty party on Saturday (so I will post more pictures later), but for today, she got to have her favorite meals (skinnies for breakfast, corn dog lunch, and steak for dinner.... yep, the same girl picked corn dogs and steak!). She asked if she could go to bed early last night, and woke up at 6:30 this morning (we usually have to drag her out of bed!)
She got to choose her own clothes and how her hair was styled, and she got to open her gifts from us. She really wanted birthday cards (I heard her telling the twins "here is some paper. Write happy birthday on it and draw me a picture...but don't show it to me until tomorrow!" We made her a card. I also thought it would be nice to have a cake on her actual birthday (even though I have someone making her a Hello Kitty cake for Saturday), so I decided to make her one for today.
We love you so much Boogley Bear! You add so much to our family. We wouldn't be complete without you, and we hope you have a wonderful birthday!


3 comments:

Valerie said...

She is so cute, and that cake is adorable!

Angie said...

She is super cute and getting so big! I love that she had everything all planned out. She's more organized than me, too. That cake is so great!

somerville.blogspot.com said...

Happy Birthday Ava! We love you and can't wait to see you this weekend hope you hade a great Birthday!