Friday, March 11, 2011

Because our house isn't crazy enough

It doesn't take a genius to look at our family and realize there is a lot of craziness that goes on. You would think after everything that happens in our house, I wouldn't want to add any more stress to our lives. You would think we have enough messes, and I'm sure you would think we have more work and chaos in our home than many families combined. Even though I knew all of that, (and more) I still answered an ad on Craig's List for a dog sitter.Why? Because of this one.

She has been begging for a dog for months now. I was hoping this 10 day dog sitting gig would rid her of wanting a dog. She'd get a chance to "try out" having a dog. After having to clean up after her, and feed her, walk her, play with her, etc. she'd never want one again. Brilliant plan right? I thought so, but we didn't anticipate getting such a great dog.

Meet Luna. You can see how adorable she is. She is a Shitzu/Poodle mix (figure out the name of her breed yourself....still makes me giggle). :)She is also very well behaved and house trained. Although I was ready to get rid of her after 10 minutes (literally) she has calmed down and warmed up to the family.She even lets this little one play fetch with her (until he gets mad that she can rip the toy out of his hand).

Aside from the smell, she hasn't been too bad (granted, we are only on day 2). My plan isn't working. I think my kids are going to be upset when she leaves (and Dave and I might just miss her a little bit). Doesn't anyone have a terrible dog we can borrow for a few hours??



4 comments:

David said...

Speak for yourself, dear. As cute as Luna is, I will not miss her. And let it be known that Dad "caved" on this one because of those sweet little girls. Why do little girls have such control over their fathers?

heidizinha said...

We dog sit my sister's old dog now her in-laws dog all the time, and I feel like it is the perfect arrangement. All the fun, none of the commitment.

You need to find a dog to dog sit! So much better than having your own (according to me, anyway).

JeNNy said...

Super cute dog! I want one! u r gettin paid to do this right? come on Dave ;)

Stacy and Jared said...

I've got a great dane that you would hate!! but your kids would love him, he's a big teddy bear