**Warning--graphic pictures below--**
No Instacare is open on Thanksgiving day. I know this because we drove 1.5 hours looking for one for him.
It's not a holiday in our family unless there is a trip to some sort of ER or after hours clinic. Don't believe me?? Here is just one example from events past.
I thought we were good this year. We honestly just about made it through the whole day. We had a wonderful meal, and we'd spent the day with wonderful family. We were 30 minutes away from leaving Dave's parent's house. I had actually talked him into staying just a little longer so the kids would fall asleep in the car...stupid. I could have avoided the whole thing. I didn't see a gas fireplace had gotten turned on in the house, but Mason saw it, and ran for it. 
I swear we called every after hours clinic. Everyone was closed for the day (except my own Dr who was 1 1/2 hours away). We ended up driving as fast as we could home to see our Dr. 

They told us he had 2nd degree burns all over the hand, and we had to hold him down while they popped all the blisters and pulled the dead skin off with tweezers. Poor kid! I felt so bad for him. (and since it was a holiday and I happened to have my camera, you all get to experience it as well).



We have to scrub it clean (which is torture for him and me) and re-bandage it everyday to try and help it heal.
It's not looking a whole lot better today, but he's been a trooper.

They told us he had 2nd degree burns all over the hand, and we had to hold him down while they popped all the blisters and pulled the dead skin off with tweezers. Poor kid! I felt so bad for him. (and since it was a holiday and I happened to have my camera, you all get to experience it as well).
We have to scrub it clean (which is torture for him and me) and re-bandage it everyday to try and help it heal.
13 comments:
OH, your poor baby! That is my fear with a wood burning stove in my house. My baby stays away from it because of our babygate/chair.... but has learned to move it the last few days. This scares me even more now.
I hope your cute little guy heals quickly!
poor, poor baby! And poor you! How horrible to have to go through that with him. I'm so glad he is ok. that looks horrible.
That makes me want to cry! That is awful!!! Poor Mason :(
waaaaa! my heart just broke.
I didnt sign up for this kind of stuff when I signed up to be a mom....
Oh my goodness! That's horrible! I don't know how you did it. I'd be bawling my head off!
I had to take care of a little one like this at the clinic I did my clinicals in. It breaks my heart. Poor little man. I worry about this with Beckham all the time. I have something blocking our fireplace now, but he'll be big enough to move it soon. I have requested my hubby build me a gate around it.
Oof. Painful. Our fireplace has a metal grate that covers the ceramic tiles that heat up, and Hazel grabbed the grate as a baby and I'm pretty sure she burned halfway to the bone. Nasty stuff, but the silvadine they give you to smear all over works wonders.
Hope Mason gets better soon.
Oh, poor baby and poor mama! I am so sorry!
oh no! Poor little guy and poor you to have to go through the trauma of finding somewhere to take him and holding him while he got it taken care of. That looks so horrible not to mention horribly painful! I would just die if something like that happened to my baby. Best of luck with a quick recovery. We will keep you in our prayers.
Poor little guy :( Your a brave momma, at least there was a smile in that last pic.
poor baby. that just looks so painful. at least he doesn't look like he was hating life too badly.
oh, poor little guy!!! I hope that it heals so super fast--for both you and Mason!!!
Yikes!! That's wicked! Hope he's getting better. We always have the injuries in my family, too. Ollie bashed his head during our Thanksgiving. It's certainly not fun at all!! Sorry.
Post a Comment