My children really love Halloween. I know most kids love Halloween because of all the candy, but my kids love pretty much everything about Halloween. They love pumpkins. They love costumes, and they love all the Halloween traditions we have, like yucky food.

Last year I made frog faces and pig brains (green pancakes and pink eggs...never make pink eggs. They were too gross for me to eat!) This year, we used my sister Darcee's idea and made pumpkin pancakes with frog brains (you always need colored eggs right?) We made hot dogs into Mummies for lunch, and then we got to get dressed up (and I got to take a million pictures!)
Kate and Olivia were the only ones who would really cooperate for my "before and after" pictures.
Olivia
Kate

Grandma Barney told Olivia that she could borrow this pink witch costume. Kate was going to be a clown, but quickly changed her mind when she saw that Livi got a hat and broom as well.

We bought this costume for Ava 2 years ago, and she refused to wear it. This year, she was so excited to actually wear it.


Caleb got to choose any costume he wanted for Halloween. We showed him a lot of different ones, but he decided on this. You are probably wondering what this is right? (most people did) This is a "survivor tv" costume. It was on clearance for $5, so I didn't put up a fight about getting it, and he loved it.


This little turkey wouldn't cooperate for any type of picture. I really wanted him to be Charlie Brown (the big, bald head was perfect) but I couldn't find a yellow shirt the right color, and I wasn't going to spend $30 for a cheap costume, so he got this instead. I think it turned out really cute, and he was warm!

We hope you all had as great of a Halloween as we did!
3 comments:
Your kids are so dang cute!
I had a heck of a time getting two dressed in costumes, I can't imagine 5! You amaze me lady.
What fun food ideas and what cute kids! I love kids in costumes! They are all just darling.
Your kids are too, too cute! They all looked adorable!
Post a Comment