Friday, September 30, 2011

Snowbird

Dave had a work convention at Snowbird ski resort. We decided to make a little getaway out of the weekend. We split the kids up and had Dave's sisters and dad take a few. (thank you guys!) I have lived in Utah all of my life, but I have never been to Snowbird. It is beautiful! I had every good intention of taking my camera, but I forgot. Thankfully, I got a few with my phone.
Aside from eating good food and actually having quiet time to myself, my favorite part was taking the tram to the top of the mountain. 11,000 feet above sea level. (Thank you tram tour guide!)We really do live in such a beautiful place! I know I take it for granted most days.
Can you imagine it in the winter? I have never actually been skiing, and the thought of flying down this petrifies me!

We decided to hike down a bit and take the ski lift back down the mountain. We were able to go through the 600 foot ski tunnel. It is the only one in North America (It is amazing what you can learn if you actually listen to the tour guide!) Who knew we had such amazing things basically right in our backyard?

Although it was a really quick trip, we were very thankful for the relaxing mini vacation. It was so beautiful! I can't wait to go back!

3 comments:

A. Schoonie said...

Oh, I love Snowbird! We used to always go stay there growing up in the Summer. So fun that you could get a way for a bit! BTW your twins are adorable. I love their sweet smiles!

Elizabeth said...

I'm glad you guys got away.

Angie said...

Looks like so much fun! I have never been there either. It's beautiful.