I don't think I have mentioned how lucky I am in contests. I'm not talking drawing, cooking, or singing (nothing that takes much skill). I am a radio contest magnet! While I worked as an office manager, I managed to win all kinds of things, 4th row concert tickets, free cds, money, etc. If there was a call in contest, I was going to win it!
This lucky streak subsided when I quit my job to stay home with my kids. (Let's face it, who really has time to even listen to the radio when you are chasing 5 kids around?) Now that 4 of the 5 kids are in school, I have a little more free time during the day. I decided that Mason and I would meet Dave for a lunch out. I just happened to turn on my radio (oh, how I've missed music!) and heard the announcement to be caller 10 to win 4 tickets to the circus. It was good to see I haven't lost my lucky radio touch! :)
I attempted to take my kids to the circus a few years ago. It was a miserable failure! We left at intermission, but that was a little circus. These tickets were for Ringling Brothers circus. Needless to say, we were not disappointed this time! (Sadly, I only had my phone with me to take pictures).
We got to see the elephants.
We got to see the tigers,

the zebras,
and the tight rope walkers.
They had it all, and my kids gladly sat through the whole thing....well, technically, they didn't.
If you know my kids, you know that when they get excited about things (especially Caleb) they jump up and down and flap their arms. So, let's just say they stood close to their seats. :) It was a wonderful night!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that next time I turn on the radio, the prize will be just as good as this one, if not better!
1 comment:
Brilliant! You are one lucky lady. Looks like so much fun! I remember that you use to have your radio on 24/7. You wouldn't even turn it off when you left your house. How kids change things, huh?! :)
Post a Comment