Velntine's Day has never really been a big deal in our family. We celebrate together and usually have a fun activity or meal, but that's it. Things really change when you have 4 kids in school! Along with the usual family plans, I got to assemble Valentines for 4 childrens' classes and plan the class party for Caleb's class.
I started by making the kids pink cinnamon rolls with pink frosting ( you know, because they wouldn't get enough sugar throughout the day anyway!) Caleb was sick, but Mason and the girls loved them.

After our healthy breakfast, we hustled to get everyone ready for school. The girls all wanted curly hair for the day. (Luckily, we put curlers in the night before.)
Grandma sent cute outfits for all the girls. They were so excited to wear them, and I think they looked adorable. (Thanks, Grandma!)
Although they were excited to wear their new clothes, they were even more excited to take their Valentine's to school.
Kate chose these little gumball machines. We put a tag that said "I chews you to be my Valentine." on them.
Olivia wanted these lip suckers. The only thing I could think of to put on them was "Pucker up, Valentine!" (She still liked them.)

Ava and Caleb both chose these pens that have 10 different colors in them. Theirs said "I 'ink' you're great! Have a happy Valentine's Day!" (corny? Yes, but they loved them.)
After hustling all morning, we kept the rest of the day simple.
We had heart shaped sandwiches for lunch and dinner with red punch in goblets.

Caleb was a trooper long enough to let me at least take a quick picture of him. (The hair looked much better before he slept on it, but not terrible for being sick.)
I am so thankful for my family. I love Dave and the kids so much. I am very lucky to be the wife and mother of this crazy family, and I wouldn't trade them for anything.
We hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day as well!
I started by making the kids pink cinnamon rolls with pink frosting ( you know, because they wouldn't get enough sugar throughout the day anyway!) Caleb was sick, but Mason and the girls loved them.
After our healthy breakfast, we hustled to get everyone ready for school. The girls all wanted curly hair for the day. (Luckily, we put curlers in the night before.)
Although they were excited to wear their new clothes, they were even more excited to take their Valentine's to school.
Ava and Caleb both chose these pens that have 10 different colors in them. Theirs said "I 'ink' you're great! Have a happy Valentine's Day!" (corny? Yes, but they loved them.)
After hustling all morning, we kept the rest of the day simple.
Caleb was a trooper long enough to let me at least take a quick picture of him. (The hair looked much better before he slept on it, but not terrible for being sick.)
We hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day as well!
2 comments:
Such cute ideas for your kids' classmates! You are Super Mom!
What a fun, heart and red filled day! You're so crafty and clever. You're kids all look so cute in their red.
Post a Comment