Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Eve

I remember Christmas Eve when I was a kid. My parents would do everything possible to tire us out and keep us awake throughout the day so we would sleep all night. I had grand plans for my kids this year, but Ava ended up sick, and we had to improvise.

I made some homemade gingerbread men and let the kids decorate them. My kids love anything to do with candy. When you throw cookies in with candy, they are pretty much in heaven.
I think more candy made it into their mouths than on the cookies, but they were excited.
(some were a little more excited than others!)By the end, we had a plate of cookies that I'm sure Santa was looking forward to eating!


I wanted dinner to be really special that night, so I pulled out my Grandma's dishes. (you know nice dinners don't happen often because Kate and Livi both kept asking me what the "thing" (tablecloth) on our table was for!)
We read the Christmas story from the Bible and let the kids open up their pajamas from Grandma.
We had a "Mario tournament" on our wii for about an hour after that just to make sure the kids were extremely tired, and then they went to bed (in the same room). They were so excited for Christmas!

3 comments:

jaesi said...

yep- you are pretty much the best mom I know.
home made gingerbread men AND a pretty red table cloth?
kudos dear.

Kim said...

They are all too cute! You are Super Mom!

Janey said...

Adorable kids as always!! What fun Christmas memories for them. I've realized this year that there's a lot of pressure on us parents to create those fun traditions and memories for our children. Lots of work! Great job!