Saturday, September 19, 2009

Leave it to the professionals

I have attempted on many occasions to take a few fun pictures of my children with the cheap-o camera I have. Most of the time, I can get 1 or 2 that look decent. The pictures of my children hanging in my house are actually ones I have taken. I don't pretend that I'm even close to being a decent photographer, but I have taken a few decent candid pictures of them.

As of today, I have not gotten 2 year old pictures of the twins, so I decided that I would attempt a photo session on the back steps. I have gained a new respect for photographers. How simple is it to "look at me" or "put your dress down?" Apparently, very hard for Kate & Livi.

After 30 minutes (I know, I'm lacking in patience these days) of yelling, "If you don't sit on this stool, I'm going to send you to your room",
I got this...(You can see how scared they are of my threats! They thought me getting upset was so funny!)

I am officially giving up on trying to take beautiful pictures of my kids. I was so frustrated! Honestly, I don't know why I'm surprised. I can't get them to sit still in the house, I don't know why I thought I could get them to sit still out of the house. I'm leaving the frustrating job of capturing my children sitting still to the pros!

9 comments:

lynda said...

i have so much respect for any mother, especially the ones with more than one kid, and on top of that...pregnant, and on top of that...2 year old twins!

A. Schoonie said...

look at their sweet smiles:)

Kim said...

I think they turned out precious! They are so stinkin' cute! You did a great job!

buttercup said...

fessionals I've seen don't make the kids sit still they get lots of ation shot that capture the kids personalities. These pics are adorable!

Angie said...

The last one of them is darling! I think that professionals do a better job just because they have lots of stuff to distract them and they are not their parents. It's always a bust when I try it, too. The pictures might not actually be any better, but at least everyone ends up less frazzled and that's worth a lot.

krimmeez said...

I think the pics are great. They are such cute girls!

Melissa said...

I think they look great! No need for professionals!

JeNNy said...

I have tried to take pics of Easton and gotten really frustrated too you just have to take a bunch and don't make them pose I think they turn out the cutest when they are more in their natural element

LisaJ said...

Jenny,

You take the cutest pictures of Easton. I have to somewhat pose Kate and Livi. Their "natural element" is screaming, fighting, and making messes! ;)