Sunday, September 27, 2009

It's that time of year!

Add Video
Remove Formatting from selection
Seriously, I only make sugar cookies about once a year. Growing up, my mom received a batch of yummy Halloween cookies for her birthday from her friend Julie, so I guess that's why I equate sugar cookies with Halloween (besides, enough people make them for Christmas so I can usually snag one at some time then as well).

I kept Caleb and Kate home from church because of colds, so they got to help make the actual cookies (unfair, I know, but I never claimed to be a fair mom)!
Have you ever seen kids so excited about a little flour and sugar before?


Next year I will remember to put Caleb in a short sleeved shirt (or no shirt) to help!


They were great helpers!

I waited until the other kids were home (and nap time was over) to actually decorate the kids (I'm kind of a fair mom!)


It started out mellow and under control,


But I made the mistake of leaving the sprinkles unattended while I put the knives in the sink. I came back to this...
They seemed to have so much fun, and hey, it's worth a little sprinkle overload to have 1 hour of no fighting, and huge smiles right?? (That, and I know I don't have to make them again until next year!!)


5 comments:

Angie said...

Totally true! The abundance of sprinkles is worth it for even an hour of such happy faces! They all look so excited. I love Kate's hat, by the way! I want one for me. Too bad my boys probably wouldn't be up for wearing one.

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

Your a fun mom.Does it mean I am OCD if Lukas already takes his clothes off when he starts decorating and eating a popsicle and eating his lunch?

krimmeez said...

How fun! I agree that sugar cookies are a once, maybe twice a year affair, and I swear I find sprinkles throughout the house for the next two weeks. But kids just love it so much! I love how happy your kids look, especially covered in flour.

Gwen said...

I love the little bit of flour on Ava's nose! SO cute! And the sprinkles all over the place is definitely worth an hour of no fighting!

The Caffeinated Chef said...

Where are my cookies?