Yesterday, I was watching Good Things Utah while talking to my mom on the phone. I briefly heard them mention something about a mother's day contest entitled "Had a bad day". They were giving away a gift basket full of things to a mother who had a terrible day. I joked to my mom that I should enter that contest with the hair cutting story about Kate and Livi. She told me that I should enter it because I would "win hands down."
Still somewhat joking, I copied my blog post (pictures and all) and emailed it in. Guess who won!!! I got the call today. I'm now the proud owner of a fancy apron, gloves, baking pan, cookie dough, cooking supplies, and hair bows to cover up Livi's bald spot. The receptionist was even kind enough to tell me how everyone cracked up reading about my day
(glad I could do my part :P).
I may have had a bad day, but I at least won a dang prize for it!
Not just any mom can say that right?
Still somewhat joking, I copied my blog post (pictures and all) and emailed it in. Guess who won!!! I got the call today. I'm now the proud owner of a fancy apron, gloves, baking pan, cookie dough, cooking supplies, and hair bows to cover up Livi's bald spot. The receptionist was even kind enough to tell me how everyone cracked up reading about my day
(glad I could do my part :P).
I may have had a bad day, but I at least won a dang prize for it!
Not just any mom can say that right?
6 comments:
Dave was just telling Dan that you won that. I think its great you deserve it. Did you include the post below in it? They would probably be shocked there is another on the way. HA HA.
That is so great that you won. At least you get something nice for all your troubles! Enjoy your prize.
I'm so glad you won that--you so deserve it! I've been telling all my friends your story-- I've been reading some blogs where women were talking about "hard mommy days" and only have one tiny baby-- I kind of had to laugh and think-- they really need to read Lisa's blog :0)!!
congradulations you definatley deserved it.
That's awesome! Way to turn a negative into a positive.
Nice! Congrats. You definitely were deserving!
Post a Comment